To promote indigenous research and development activities in the area of nanotechnology in India.
Objectives of the Institution.
- To create a cohesive knowledge sharing platform for scientists, engineers, technocrats, industrialists and masses of India.
- To forge active interactions, cooperation and collaboration between state of the art laboratories in India and abroad.
- To disseminate knowledge on advancements on nanotechnology by organising lectures, seminars, conferences and workshops at national and international level.
- To record and publish key findings and advancements in the field through publications.
- To attract investments for R&D in the field of nanotechnology.
- To better equip and empower the students to explore the opportunities and excel in the field
- Electronic structure calculations using the spds* Empirical Tight Binding method and Density Functional Theory, applied to hetrostructures and nanostructures
- Calculations of Piezoelectricity in III-V materials and nanostructures
- Long Wavelength Quantum Dot technology
- Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors for Spintronics applications